Product Care Plan Terms & Conditions
What is Covered: This Plan covers parts and labor costs to repair or replace your product in the event the product experiences a breakdown. If we determine that we cannot service your product as specified in this Plan, we may replace it with a replacement product or we may at our discretion issue you a gift card or check for the original purchase price of that product, including taxes, as indicated on your sales receipt or order confirmation email. Non-original manufacturer’s parts may be used for repair of the product if the manufacturer’s parts are unavailable or more costly.
This Plan includes the following enhanced coverage and services:
•Repairs necessary for the product to meet the manufacturer’s written specifications. •Two (2) annual cleanings and adjustments for DVD Players and VCRs after expiration of the manufacturer’s labor warranty. •Repair or replacement of accessories included in the box by the manufacturer which are necessary for the product to meet the manufacturer’s written specifications: e.g., remote controls, additional lenses (cameras), 3-D glasses (for 3D TVs and / or 3D Blu-ray players), and game controllers. •Power surge protection from date of purchase.
No Lemon Policy: After three (3) service repairs have been completed on an individual product, for the same defect, and that individual product requires a fourth (4th) repair, as determined by us, we will replace it with a product with equal or similar features and functionality equal to the current market value of the product, not to exceed the original purchase price of the product. Replacement products may be new, refurbished or remanufactured to meet the manufacturer’s specifications of the original product at our discretion. Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product. The No Lemon Policy does not apply to repairs performed while the product is under the manufacturer’s warranty. Preventative maintenance checks, cleanings, product diagnosis and customer education are not considered repairs for the purposes of the No Lemon Policy. (NOTE: The No Lemon Policy is not applicable to breakdowns caused by ADH.)
Limit of liability: For any single claim, the limit of liability under this Plan is the lesser of the cost of (1) authorized repairs, (2) replacement with a product with similar features, (3) reimbursement for authorized repairs or replacement, or (4) the price that you paid for the product, including taxes. The total liability under this Plan is the purchase price you paid for the product, including taxes; in the event that the total of all authorized repairs exceeds the purchase price paid for the product, including taxes, or we replace the product with another of equal or greater value, we shall have satisfied all obligations owed under this Plan and the Plan shall terminate.
Replacement Product: We may replace your product with a NEW, REFURBISHED OR REMANUFACTURED PRODUCT, OR APRODUCT of like kind and quality that performS to the factory specifications of the original product.
What is not covered:
(1) Accidental damage, spilled liquids (unless you purchased a portable electronic product, game software, CD or DVD), insect infestation, misuse, abuse, intentional physical damage and products with altered or missing serial numbers;
(2) Service performed by unauthorized repair personnel;
(3) Replacement costs for lost or consumable parts (trimmer line, antennas, cartridges, styluses, records, audio/video disks, tapes, computer software or disks, print elements, external power supplies, spark plugs, filters, plumbing, filters, knobs, remotes, batteries, bags, belts, bulbs and/or lamps.);
(4) Cosmetic damage and problems due to improper and/or non-factory authorized installation or repairs;
(5) Acts of God;
(6) Products used for commercial purposes (multi-user organizations), public rental or communal use in multi-family housing;
(7) Products that are not listed on this Plan;
(8) Consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data, down-time and charges for time and effort;
(9) Any fees related to third party contracts;
(10) “No Problem Found” diagnosis or failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions;
(11) Any failures, parts and/or labor costs incurred that are associated with a manufacturer’s recall;
(12) Repair or replacement caused by defects that existed prior to the purchase of this Plan;
(13) Except as provided above in the International Service section, service or replacement outside of the USA;
(14) Cleanings and alignments unless otherwise noted;
(15) Loss or Theft;
(16) Liability or damage to property, or injury or death to any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the product;
(17) Cost of preventative maintenance (except for two annual cleanings for VCR’s and DVD’s and the cost of Preventative Maintenance reimbursement as outlined above), or damages caused by improper preventative maintenance;
(18) Seized or damaged parts resulting from failure to maintain proper levels of lubricants or coolants; resulting from using contaminated or improper lubricants; resulting from using stale, contaminated, or improper fuel; or resulting from freezing or overheating;
(19) Products with safety feature(s) removed, bypassed, disabled or altered;
(20) Loss or damage to stored data, repairs related to installed software, computer viruses, cracked or physically damaged screens or computer hardware which is added after the original purchase;
(21) Any damage to recording media, including any software programs, data, or configuration/setup information resident on any mass storage devices such as hard drives, CD-ROM drives, DVD drives, floppy diskettes, tape drives or tape backup systems, as a result of the malfunctioning or damage of an operating or non-operating part, or as a result of any repairs or replacement under this Plan;
(22) Damage which is not reported within thirty (30) days after expiration of this Plan;
(23) War, invasion or act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, riot, strike, labor disturbance, lockout or civil commotion;
(24) Outdoor/patio, wicker furniture, wicker, rattan or furniture located outside or in screen rooms where the furniture may be directly or indirectly exposed to the elements;
(25) Burns and heat marks longer than one inch;
(26) Glass contained in/on furniture, including but not limited to, tabletops and cabinet doors; and
(27) Stains caused by the delivery process of the covered item or as a result of acid, body oils, caustic solutions, dye, paint, suntan oils, bleach, nail polish remover, nail polish, ink, cosmetics, wax, odors.
SMARTPHONES PROTECTION PLANS
Deductible: $49 dollars per incident
The following is covered under our protection plan: